I want to create a game and I woul like some recommendations

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
an evil mc sounds cool. there are very few games like that. the ones that exist are usually motivated by raping people. if you can create a bad guy with a really brilliant idea, you'll get attention.
Thanks for your feedback, it seems that no that many are interested in a morally bad character but it's not a certainty, I would also like to do a evil or at least morally gray character

ps5029

May 6, 2024
My bad sometimes I have to much ideas and it's hard to landing them.
Im gonna try to answer your doubts It's gonna be a mix of magic and technology, so yes the monster are not mutations but are part of the wildlife of the island, about what you say in weakness I been thinking of a weapon that you can put a orb that modify your stats and some monsters are easy to kill with certain mobs (For example a mob that has a lot of attack but no hp, so you use a orb that makes you attack faster) but the idea of investigate the weakness of each monster also sounds fun

It seems okay to approach hidden conspiracies in the process of investigating the monsters' origins or weaknesses. For example, while investigating the coast to catch an overly large crab monster, you discover that pollutants have been sprayed on the coast. Or, it seems like you can use a variety of methods, not just simple TRPG battles. Crab monsters with strong, large shells that are difficult to deal with in frontal combat can be directed to lure them into narrow gaps and trap them.

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
It seems okay to approach hidden conspiracies in the process of investigating the monsters' origins or weaknesses. For example, while investigating the coast to catch an overly large crab monster, you discover that pollutants have been sprayed on the coast. Or, it seems like you can use a variety of methods, not just simple TRPG battles. Crab monsters with strong, large shells that are difficult to deal with in frontal combat can be directed to lure them into narrow gaps and trap them.
I would love to that, I woul look into it to see if it's possible by the way I been working in the sketchs of some things I would appreciate your opinion

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
1000025068.png 1000025068.png sketch of the island looks something made I'm pain but I want it something simple so changing anything would be easy

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
Let me know if you want me to start sketching the characters ( this one would not look made in paint)

Last edited:

ps5029

May 6, 2024
View attachment 3926600 View attachment 3926600 sketch of the island looks something made I'm pain but I want it something simple so changing anything would be easy
Having several different environments certainly helps with the variety of the game.
However, it would take quite a lot of capability and effort to create a variety of monsters in various environments and to embody the characteristics of each monster well.

ps5029

May 6, 2024
View attachment 3926609 View attachment 3926609 Village of the Mc same thing simple so is easy to understand and make changes
From personal experience, major buildings (requiring multiple visits) should be as accessible as possible and not too far away from each other. This is very important in maintaining the tension of play.

Additionally, depending on how much effort you put into the entire village, you can decide whether other buildings will be simple farming sites or starting points for side quests, which will determine your level of immersion.

Side quests not only provide useful equipment, but can also provide information about monsters or arrange encounters with characters.
Also, through the process of the side quest, you can feel the uniqueness of the village or this worldview.

ps5029

May 6, 2024
View attachment 3926617 View attachment 3926617 first sketch made in 5 minutes so that you give me suggestions for my style in this model like make it more realistic, more cartoon, like a anime, etc (she is probably not gonna be in the game)

This character is attractive enough and looks good in all three, but cartoon or animation seems better suited.
The most important thing is that this character must fit the atmosphere of the game. The same goes for other characters.

The direction of the game is important here.

Realistic can make you more immersed in the background and world of the game, and the overall atmosphere of the game will become more serious and heavy.

Anime will prevent the game from having an overly dull atmosphere and will be advantageous in implementing characters with diverse appearances.

Cartoon seems to have both the advantages of anime and realistic, but there are so many variations that I can't go into detail.

I definitely prefer realistic, but this takes a lot of work, and above all, if multiple heroines appear in this game, it will be difficult to appeal their charm by giving each of them slightly exaggerated characteristics.

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
Having several different environments certainly helps with the variety of the game.
However, it would take quite a lot of capability and effort to create a variety of monsters in various environments and to embody the characteristics of each monster well.
I know if it becomes to complex I would stop with the mountains, I am planing on a teleporting system

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
This character is attractive enough and looks good in all three, but cartoon or animation seems better suited.
The most important thing is that this character must fit the atmosphere of the game. The same goes for other characters.

The direction of the game is important here.

Realistic can make you more immersed in the background and world of the game, and the overall atmosphere of the game will become more serious and heavy.

Anime will prevent the game from having an overly dull atmosphere and will be advantageous in implementing characters with diverse appearances.

Cartoon seems to have both the advantages of anime and realistic, but there are so many variations that I can't go into detail.

I definitely prefer realistic, but this takes a lot of work, and above all, if multiple heroines appear in this game, it will be difficult to appeal their charm by giving each of them slightly exaggerated characteristics.
Man I tough that I edited that post because I realized that trying to use different art styles would be really difficult, and time consuming so I'm planing of leaving a sketch of my art (face, upper body and lower body) so you'll could tell me what to fix change, modify or remove I read all the comments if I don't reply or its to short it tends to be because I don't have an answer because I'm not sure

ps5029

May 6, 2024
Man I tough that I edited that post because I realized that trying to use different art styles would be really difficult, and time consuming so I'm planing of leaving a sketch of my art (face, upper body and lower body) so you'll could tell me what to fix change, modify or remove I read all the comments if I don't reply or its to short it tends to be because I don't have an answer because I'm not sure
I know you need to be more specific to be sure.
But I don't know the details of what you are trying to create in this project, so it's hard to go into more detail.
If what I say may not appeal to you, or may be a major departure from the topic you want to talk about.

Please tell me what you want in more detail, or if you're going to use my opinion to create a real character, please make that clear. Then I think it will be easier to help.

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
How can I help you? Character narrative or setting? Or the external aspect?
Hello, I think I know what I would like to create, so Im gonna make some progress before asking for more advice to not create any confusion, I jut have a question I realized that I have less comments each day should I create a new post or stick with this one and second thing because of all your help if you want to create a character I would love to put it in the game if you want to, just give me all the details of the character and I would make it, and thanks for your support

Baitch

Feb 7, 2022
let me add a little rice on the soup

good guy going to bad side
i have yet to see a game where (for example using mangas) hero defeats demon lord then gets betrayed by the kingdom, after that he goes to the demon lord castle and takes over his dungeon (ofc its an erotic dungeon) or something like that

but when he enters to the dungeon core room he finds his best friend of the "hero party" already owning the dungeon for his own purposes (example, an harem or a woman he is trying to revive/heal) and now the hero is joining his friends plan

on a side note the first floor is a town
the dungeon core gets exp/points for the amount of ppl living in the town and ppl getting defeated in the dungeon
and monster could benefit from a breedeable system... example, a woman mage gets captured in the dungeon and mates with a goblin so now you can create goblin mages on the dungeon OR you could make your own party of monsters defeating diferent parties on the outside world (like a campaign or something)
after all that the hero and his friend either becomes the new demon lords or they all live happy as a new human demons kingdom bla bla

really hard to make, half creative and could be long and reaaaally long to play. Lots of different kinds of gameplays mixed together
you could go for a turn based combat, real time strategy game, simulation game, dating system, sandbox... etc etc

RLRS

Jan 19, 2023
Hello, I think I know what I would like to create, so Im gonna make some progress before asking for more advice to not create any confusion, I jut have a question I realized that I have less comments each day should I create a new post or stick with this one and second thing because of all your help if you want to create a character I would love to put it in the game if you want to, just give me all the details of the character and I would make it, and thanks for your support
You don't need to worry about creating a new topic now, what you have to do and you've already given the answer is try to organize, balance the recommendations you've already received and link them to your plans for this game, so that people will too can understand which path the game will take.

ps5029

May 6, 2024
As long as it is updated regularly, it doesn't seem to matter as the top exposure will continue anyway. But it's not a bad idea to create something new. In the short term, there will be more participation in discussions.

I'm glad you made my character, but what I did wasn't much...

ps5029

May 6, 2024
I'm posting this because I'm purely curious about the progress. Along with that, I also want to update the post.

Pokoro5

Apr 20, 2019
I'm posting this because I'm purely curious about the progress. Along with that, I also want to update the post.
Man I been working and thinking on the last week's and well good news and bad news.
the good news it's that I already made the first character wrote all the dialogs of the introduction and well good progress if I keep at this ritm I would publish the version 1.0 in two or three months ( I don't plan to publish anything until I have 15 to 20 % percent of the game done)
The bad news it's that I realized that I was overconfident of my abilities and after reflecting for a few days I decide that the game that I wanted to create was to much just for me so there was two options to take
A) let the proyect on hold for at least two years until I have the abilities needed to create the game of my dreams, with the advice of everyone
B) create a more basic game that have nothing to do with my first proyect but that would help me polish all my abilities, but it would take more time to create the game that I wanted but making the game has some perks like being more well know in the community, more contacts and extra Cash for my dream proyect.
I decide to choose B because even though it's not exactly the game that I anticipated it would help me get closer to my goals
So that would pretty much it I would post the first characters in this thread ( It you know anything about drawing or wants to give me some opinion of my drawing I would be happy to read it) I hope after finishing this project I would be able to draw ten times better
Post data: if you are interested in this project I can give you the introduction of the game