VN Others Completed Fallen Wife Honami - Even though I should only love my husband [Final] [Atelier Sakura]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Welp, I felt like grabbing some fast food, or rather, H-version equivalent of it, and Atelier Sakura has plenty of that... so here I am after binging another one of their VNs.

First off, I'll talk about the translation... which is definitely one of Saikey's weaker attempts. I even saw a pronoun mix at one point or two, so I'm pretty sure that this is edited MTL, and not super high quality edited MTL either. Or, I suppose it could be someone with a VERY poor grasp of the English language, but I doubt it, some of the mistakes here don't fit the bill and look more like what you'd expect of MTL, and not even GPT tier MTL at that.

Because of that, I have quite a few doubts about the accuracy of some of the translation, but since I don't know a lick of Japanese, I can't say for sure either.

This looks like a VERY weird one, particularly by AS standards, though with the translation being what it is, I don't know how much of it is actually the case from the original writing, and how much of it is translation fuckery.

IF the translation is accurate, or at least, accurate enough... it feels like they were really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for ideas, what with the magical shady drugs and the way the MC totally doesn't question them... or the wife for that matter. The "villain's" motivations are really weird too, and it feels like they were hinting at some stuff with the guy but they didn't really elaborate on things either.

Even the three endings are sort of weird. VNDB says there's only one good ending and I'm assuming that they're referring to the one where MC swoops back in from work, has a DP duel with the other guy and the guy kind of just leaves and MC impregnates his wife later. However, the second ending doesn't seem particularly bad either, the one where the two go full pervert and occasionally bring in other men to fuck Honami, while the instigator of all this apparently disappears into the sunset once more. Only the third ending could be considered genuinely bad, given that the wife leaves the MC to get fucked by as many dicks as possible while the MC gets videos of her to jack off too. Even here though, neither of the two are... particularly unhappy or unhealthy or anything. What's weird is that the so called bull seemed to be quite disappointed that it ended up like that, but he seemed committed to help the two once they broke the way they did, given that he kept taking care of the totally sex addicted Honami.

All of this makes the whole thing very weird, because it seems like the would-be bull isn't particularly interested in stealing Honami specifically or anything like that, and seems to be genuinely invested in the hubby's happiness, and the couple's happiness together. It's like his goal is to get them to be as uninhibited as possible together, and for them to be true to themselves and their desires above all else. He never seems to actually try to outright steal Honami, and only takes her away when the husband basically discards her in that one choice. The wife herself doesn't leave the hubby until that one choice where he basically abandons her.

So all in all, weird. Well, as long as the translation is accurate and there wasn't any nuance lost. If it is, I'm not sure what this counts as. It's... not REALLY NTR tbh... It feels more like a story focused on the corruption of the couple together than NTR in the conventional sense... but I dunno what to think about it.

Honestly, whatever this was could've been done better with a longer story that better explored that dude's motivations in doing what he did to the two of them. Would've probably worked better in a fantasy setting too where the ridiculous drugs would have at least made internal sense.

Reactions: rKnight
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote